It’s been a long year, so let’s gather for a short trail.
Note: Due to the holiday, this is NOT a standard trail. Similar to Thanksgiving, you’ll be lucky to burn off a glass of champagne. You MUST bring your ID. Cash is highly recommended if you’d like a different drink at beer check or to tip your bartenders. There will be NO bag van OR runners option (you can always run to start).
Bring your A-game as we celebrate the resolutions that have cum and gone. Didn’t meet yours? No worries, we’ll have plenty of opportunities to cash in before the new year.
A guide to achieving some of the Top 50 New Year’s Resolutions:
– PR the hash – This walkers-route only trail is less than a mile long. A brisk power walk will help you meet this super attainable goal.
– Be more generous – Don’t be a Scrooge! Buy a shot for one of the hares at our bar-based beer checks.
– Support more local businesses – Over-tip your bar staff (the ones who really keep this city moving)!
– Volunteer more/Give back to the community – Everyday is Wednesday needs more martyrs like yourself. Sign up to hare or brew crew while you rego.
– Lose weight – Oh, hush! You’re beautiful just the way you are!
– Quit smoking – We’ll be inside for most of this trail, so no smoking allowed!
– Save more money – As a gift for joining us, your hares are providing two beers and free popcorn! Take that extra moolah and rego for AGM!
– Be more outgoing – There will be plenty of opportunities for violations. Step out of your comfort zone and speak up!
– Unplug from social media – Hey, no tech on trail.
– Stop Procrastinating – Rego right now!
When: 6:45 PM Thursday, December 29, 2022. Pack away at 7:00 PM!
Where: Gallery Place/Chinatown – Circle Up at Pre-Lube at Bulldog Pizza – 713 H St NW
Nearest Capital Bike Share: 8th & H NW
Hares: Poon-apple Juice, Burlington Ho Factory, Dry Rub
Trail Details: Walkers Option ONLY: The entire trail is 0.3 miles.
Shiggy Level: Zero. This is a glorified miniature pub crawl.
Miscellaneous Crap: Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is, for all intents and purposes A to A and is a non-traditional trail. Bring your ID, money for beer check(s), and (just the) tip! Be smart, have fun.
Schedule of Events:
6:00 – Pre-Lube at Bulldog Pizza
6:45 – Circle Up at Bulldog Pizza
7:00 – On Out!
7:05 – Choose-your-own-adventure Beer Check (ID required) – One hash sponsored beer will be provided! Bring an ID for any other buy-your-own drinks. Happy hour until 8:00 means specials and free popcorn for all!
7:40 – On out to second choose-your-own-adventure Beer Check (ID required), with one hash sponsored beer provided! Second beer check has a happy hour that ends at 8:00 SHARP, so move fast to get those $4 drinks.
8:30 – On out to in-bar “end circle.” We will provide beer for down-downs, but you are responsible for the rest of your beverages this evening.
** You MUST rego 24 hours before the event to guarantee you are included in the glutard count. Please be considerate and only select this option if you have a true gluten allergy.
Last trains out of Union Station (Red Line):
– Branch Ave: 11:53 PM
– Glenmont: 12:08 AM
– Greenbelt: 12:16 AM
– Shady Grove: 12:02 AM
On-After: 618 Cocktail and Whiskey Lounge
Upcoming Events & Announcements!
EWH3 2023 AGM is January 14, 2023 - rego here!
Save the date for WIE! Weekend of March 31, 2023.
Give Back to the Hash!
BREW CREW! Do you enjoy those beverages on trail? Brews require brew crews! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to keep the hash alive. See the EWH3 calendar for dates.
HARES! Ready to help hare or make your own trail? Email email@example.com. See the EWH3 calendar for dates.
ADOPT A METRO! Love to explore? We need hashers to walk/jog/bike/drive to potential Beverage Checks and On-Ins and check them out. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAY SAFE! Review Everyday is Wednesday’s updated COVID-19 guide here before joining us on trail.
Gallery Place/ Chinatown Metro