As DC enters phase 1c of vaccination, we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, it is more important now than ever that we are vigilant and maintain best practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19 within our community. Please take a moment to review Everyday is Wednesday’s COVID-19 guide. Information on vaccines in DC can be found here.
Welcome to the second ever Sesame Street Trail, this time brought to you by counting, and the numbers 1, 2, 3 & 4! Bring out your favorite Sesame Street character paraphernalia and be ready to sing some tunes of Sesame Street while we hash to where the air is sweet and the beer flows free. As homage to Sesame Street, we'll be visiting playgrounds across NE in our search for beer. Because Sesame Street. :D
A pack of 47 will gather for trail with a live, socially distant circle.
When: 6:45 PM Thursday, April 29, 2021. Pack away at 7:15 PM!
Where: Rhode Island Ave Metro, Follow marks to the north side of Rhode Island Ave to start
D'erections: Exit to the Home Depot side of the metro, and turn left and head to down the ramp on the north side of Rhode Island Ave.
Nearest Capital Bike Share: Rhode Island Ave station
Runners: 2.6 mi. first half / 2.2 second half
Shiggy level 0.69 - Dog Friendly
Walkers: 1.1 mi. first half / 1.1 second half
Shiggy level 0.69 - Dog + Stroller Friendly
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is A to A. Bring your cranium lamps. It should be a nice night. Be smart and have fun. Sign up on Hash Rego is Required!
Brew Crew will be available to serve you a limited amount of libations at both beer check and end. In order to ensure that this is done in a safe manner, we require the following:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please sanitize your hands before approaching the Brew Crew station.
- Brew Crew is required to wear a mask at all times. You must also wear a mask when interacting with them.
- Trails will be cans-only. Brew Crew will only purchase enough cans for rego'd hashers, so be sure to sign up!
- You must pour your beer into a vessel before leaving the crew station.
- Bottled water will also be provided - stay hydrated!
- Do not reach for a beer! Brew Crew will hand your beer to you by placing it down on a table bench.
- There will be no bag van or snacks provided... YET. Stay tuned as we work on ways to re-introduce these aspects safely.
- Remember that your Crew has volunteered out of the goodness of their heart. They are offering their time, vehicle, and exposure to make you happy. Show them the respect they deserve!
Mask, Vessel, Cranium Lamp